Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 23 of Project 365

I took a lot of pictures today! It was a beautiful, sunny, and unusually warm January day here in Oregon City so Jenica got to play outside a lot and then help Daddy wash the car. While she took her afternoon nap, I uploaded a batch of pictures to facebook, including the cute car wash ones from today.


For dinner, we went to our friends' Dave & Kelly's house for a delicious American meal of roasted chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy and broccoli delightfully seasoned and cooked to perfection in the oven. Kelly is an excellent cook (she has the scars to prove it... just ask her to tell you the story) but fortunately was able to cook tonight's meal unharmed. After dinner she asked how I was possibly going to choose which photo I would use as today's picture of the day, to which I replied that I would not have to choose between adorable Jenica pictures since my picture of the day would be of none other than Dave & Kelly themselves! So here it is:



You see, I'm sure through out my 365 days of photos, Jenica will be the subject of many, many a picture. But what I really wanted to look back and remember about today was the lovely dinner we had with good friends and the fun times we had playing Settlers of Catan, one of our absolute favorite games. Thanks guys for having us over to your beautiful home and for all the laughs while us girls lost horribly at Cities & Knights. At least we somewhat redeemed ourselves during game two when Rob's "high numbers only" strategy backfired and Dave's metropolis in the desert failed to produce. We'll have to do it again soon!

Oh, and for those of you interested in seeing the rest of the pictures from today, you can click here and take a gander!

No comments: