Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 17 of Project 365



Kid free date nights in the Bachelder house have been few and far between since our sweet little Jenica was born almost 17 months ago, and with out them, you tend to forget how important time alone with your spouse really is. I get so stuck in "mommy mode" that I lose sight of the fact that my husband still needs me to be his wife and not always just the mother of his child. Although it's gotten easier to leave Jenica the older she gets, it's still hard for me to leave her with someone that doesn't seem to genuinely want to spend time with her. That is just one of the many reasons that we are so thankful for our friends Breal and Jesse.  Breal always seems really excited to watch Jenica and tells me later what an angel she was (and what mom doesn't love to hear that!) They watched Jenica for us the first time we took an overnight trip with out her and they kept her all afternoon and evening today so Rob and I could have some alone time. We did some shopping, had a drink at Stanford's happy hour (raspberry mojitos by the way are delicious!), then met up with some friends at Five Guys Burger and Fries for some dinner before going to see The Blind Side (an excellent movie that I would highly recommend to pretty much everyone.) I didn't have my Nikon with me so today's photo comes to you courtesy of the iPhone. Have I mentioned lately how much I love that thing?

No comments: