- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves and ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 package instant oatmeal, apple cinnamon flavored
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease muffin tins lightly with oil or spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt and spices, mix thoroughly.
- Mix the milk, slightly beaten egg, applesauce, sugar, shredded zucchini, and dried cranberries together. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir until just barely moistened. Batter should be lumpy. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full with batter. Sprinkle each muffin with a little bit of the instant oatmeal.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Let me know what you think!