This isn't my own recipe, it's from allrecipes.com (I love that site)! But it is delicious and I lightened it up a little from the original. Enjoy!
- 3/4 pound sliced pepperoni sausage (I used 1 package of Hormel turkey pepperoni)
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 4 medium tomato - peeled, seeded and chopped (I used cherry tomatoes cut in half_
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (I only had a half a cup so I substituted milk for the rest)
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the penne according to the package directions.
- In a large skillet saute the pepperoni until crispy (about 5 to 8 minutes). Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the grease (you won't need to do this with turkey pepperoni). Add the shallot and garlic. Cook until translucent. Stir in the tomatoes and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and cook until reduced (about 8 minutes). Add the parsley and remove from the heat.
- Add the drained pasta and toss, garnish with parmesan cheese.